The Scientific Organisers wish to invite abstracts for oral/poster presentation related to Pharmacovigilance and Drug Safety.
Deadline for abstracts submission is June 30, 2011.
All accepted abstracts will be published by the journal Drug Safety.
- Risk Management Plans
- Signal detection
- Periodic Safety Update Reports
- Vaccine pharmacovigilance
- Pharmacovigilance systems in HIV-, malaria- and tuberculosis treatments
- Pharmacovigilance in low-resource settings
- Pharmacovigilance im Public Health Programmes
- Medication errors, reporting schemes and preventability
- Causality assessment in pharmacovigilance
- Interactions (drug/drug, drug/food, drug/chemical agents) as cause of ADRs: mechanisms and clinical relevance
- ADRs and SUSARs in clinical trials
- Post Authorization Safety Studies (PASS)
- Post Authorization Efficacy Studies (PAES)
- ADRs and 'off-label'-use
- Cost-effectiveness of pharmacovigilance systems
- Antidiabetic treatment and pharmacovigilance
- Paediatric pharmacovigilance
- ADRs in compassionate use programmes
- In-vitro fertilisation and pharmacovigilance
- Monoclonals and drug safety
- Perception of risks and communication
- New horizons in pharmacovigilance
- Countries ADR reports
Authors should submit an abstract of maximum 400 words on or before the June 30, 2011. For studies use a structured approach with bolded subheadings (background, objective/aim, methods, results, conclusion, discussion).
All abstracts must be submitted online via "Abstract Module" system. Please note that abstracts sent by mail, fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
For details, please see the section "Abstract Submission Guidelines".
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Submission of abstracts will be done online at the "Abstract Module" system.
Detailed information is provided in the system. In case of problem and for additional help, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please carefully read the instructions before submitting your abstract through the online submission module, “Abstract Module”.
This is an automated system that will allow you to enter the information online for the authors, affiliations, abstract text (if required with special characters etc.), figures, and keywords in a series of different windows.
Once you sign up, you can also continue working on abstract until you finally decide to submit before the deadline. You can follow the whole submission and evaluation procedure either within the system or by e-mail notification. If you are submitting more than one abstract you can use the same login and password for each abstract via online submission module.
- The abstract must not exceed 400 words (not including author information and title). The title of abstract
should be maximum 20 words.
- The abstracts must be submitted only in English.
- The title should not be capitalized, only first letters in capitals.
- The presenting author name should be selected as Presenter.
- The abstract should ideally adhere to the following format; Background, Objective/Aim, Methods, Results, Conclusion, Discussion. A maximum of 6 references can be included.
- One table can be included with each abstract and the table must not contain more than 4 columns and 10 rows.
- The figures cannot be included.
- Abstracts will not be re-typed or corrected once they are submitted.
- It is the author's responsibility to submit the abstract in perfect order with no errors in spelling or grammar.
- An author can only be a presenter on one oral or poster presentations. However all authors can be co-authors on other oral presentations and authors on multiple poster presentations.
NOTIFICATION OF ABSTRACT ACCEPTANCE
Abstracts will be reviewed by the ISoP 2011 Scientific Committee, and its decision will be notified to authors by July 29, 2011. Notification of acceptance will be communicated to the Presenter's e-mail address.
Scientific Committee’s decisions will be based upon evaluation of its scientific standard.
The Scientific Committee will allocate each accepted abstract to the most appropriate form of presentation. After selection, all presenting authors will be sent full information regarding PowerPoint preparation, poster size, style and layout, as appropriate.
All presenters must register to attend the Meeting. All accepted posters for the ISoP 2011 Annual Meeting are eligible for the poster prizes which will be awarded for the three best posters.